Prepare your stay
Halls of Residence
For Bachelor and first-year Master’s students the upper age limit is 30, and for second-year Master’s and PhD students it is 32. For international students, the selection process is based on educational criteria.
The following students may be allocated University accommodation, subject to availability :
Students enrolled in an international agreement programme
Please contact your programme organisers for more information:
• Campus France for students receiving Campus France grants
• DEI (European and International Department) for ERASMUS, CREPUQ, and international agreements
Tel: +33 (0)2 98 01 67 31
Individually-registered students enrolled in 2nd-year Master or Doctorate programmes in a Université Européenne de Bretagne institution.
The accommodation request form must be filled in online between 15 January and 15 April at: www.crous-rennes.fr
You will be sent an email with attached documents that must be completed, signed and posted to :
CROUS de RENNES, CS 80168, 53102 Mayenne cedex - France
Once you’ve arrived in France, you must:
- Pay a deposit equivalent to one month’s rent (around €160 or €240). This deposit will be returned upon request at the end of your stay. (Please note that the cost of any necessary repairs may be deducted from this sum).
- Pay rent for the month of September (around €160 or €240).
- Take out a home contents insurance policy. Please note that for European students still covered by their parents’ insurance, a certified French translation of insurance documentation will be required.
- Provide a photograph.
- Accept and sign a copy of the rules and conditions when you register.
- In addition, independent students will be required to provide two copies of a financial guarantee [acte de caution solidaire], available on the CROUS de Rennes website, completed and signed by a guarantor in France or the European Union, as well as a copy of your ID documents and bank account details ('RIB' format).
- Please note ! You must arrive by the stated deadline; if you arrive after this date without having notified us beforehand, your room may be allocated to someone else.
Students who are not allocated CROUS accommodation can contact a private landlord. A list of available student accommodation is provided on this web site: www.lokaviz.fr