Thinking about doing a PhD at UBO?
Our PhD programmes : which graduate school is for you?
• Marine Sciences (EDSM) (internet link: http://edsm.univ-brest.fr/fr)
• Health and Matter Sciences (EDSICMA) (internet link : http://edsicma.univ-brest.fr/)
• Arts, Literature and Languages (EDALL) (internet link: http://www.univ-brest.fr/EDALL)
• Humanities and Social Sciences (EDSHS) (internet link: http://www.univ-brest.fr/EDSHS/)
• Human Sciences, Society and Organisation (EDSHOS) (internet link: http://www.univ-brest.fr/EDSHOS)
Contact your graduate school to enrol.
Building your doctoral project
- Obtaining financing for your doctoral training is often a precondition for admission to a doctoral programme.
- At UBO, a doctoral project is developed over three years. There are four elements to the launch of a doctoral project : you (the doctoral candidate, once you've been selected), your supervisor (s), a host research team attached to one of our doctoral schools and funding (e.g. a doctoral contract, CIFRE agreement, etc.).
- During your project you will be involved in active research activities (including dissemination of your results) as well as attending specific short courses and training sessions to complement your scientific skills and prepare you for professional life.
- As a student at UBO you will get the opportunity to take part in special events that will enrich your PhD experience and acquaint you with industrial and professional opportunities you might not have considered. (https://doctoriales2016.ueb.eu/ )