Europe et International

You are or you are going to be an international student at UBO on individual or exchange mobility

Date of last update: July 8th, 2020

In compliance with national rules linked to the development of the Coronavirus epidemic, the school is closed from 16 March 2020 for all its students and staff and is putting in place methods of pedagogical continuity.

Please visit the FAQ page below which will help you to :
(1) Stay in France to continue your studies

(2) Interrupt your UBO mobility and to prepare your return to your country

(3) Prepare your stay in France (acadermic year 2020-21)

Whatever your choice, we encourage you to contact your administrative and pedagogical referents at UBO who will accompany you in your steps. You will also find information on the necessary evolving measures implemented within UBO at the following link:

We inform you that the Ministry of the Interior has officialised the extension for 6 months of all residence permits, long-stay visas, provisional residence permits, receipts of applications for renewal of residence permits expiring between 16 March and 15 May.
There are therefore no particular formalities to complete until further notice to have your stay regularised at the Prefecture.

(1) I wish to stay in France and continue my stay in UBO

> What do I have to do if I stay in France?

We would like to remind you that travel, apart from the exceptions listed in the derogatory travel certificate, is prohibited as of Tuesday 17 March at 12 noon: This travel certificate must imperatively be used for each of your outings outside your home.

You must also strictly comply with national health recommendations:
-French government website:
-Campus France infos Covid19 :
-World Health Organization - (COVID-19):

> What are the accompanying measures put in place by UBO?

UBO's European & International Affairs Office and the international mobility coordinator of your Faculty, School or Institute remain at your disposal to support and advise you. Please note that due to the closing of the university, this accompaniment is only done by e-mail.
You must absolutely follow the evolution of the situation at the following link:

> How can I continue my studies when the university is closed?

You are invited to contact your educational manager at UBO (training manager, International Relations referent or tutor) to find out how to continue your studies during the closure of the establishment.

> Could I validate my mobility at UBO? Will the exams be organized?

The reopening date of the university is not yet known, so the exam schedule is unknown. The university is currently thinking about the different possibilities for organising the exams (including distance learning exams): these arrangements defined for your training will be communicated to you by your teaching manager at UBO (training manager, International Relations referent or tutor).

(2) I do not wish to continue my stay at UBO and decide to return to my usual country of residence

> Who should I contact if I decide to interrupt my international mobility?

You must inform :

-Your home university: administration and teaching manager

-UBO's European & International Affairs Office: and the international relations coordinator of your Faculty, School or Institute who will inform you about the steps to take before your departure.

-Your pedagogical manager at UBO (training manager, referent or International Relations tutor) who will explain to you the modalities implemented by your training to ensure the pedagogical continuity of your course and the possible organisation of distance learning exams.

> What are the administrative formalities at UBO to accomplish before your departure?

There are no particular formalities to be accomplished apart from the information to be provided to your mobility manager (administrative referent) who will be able to accompany you at a distance.

> My home university is asking me for a certificate of departure but the offices are closed: how do I go about it?

You must contact your mobility manager at UBO (administrative referent) by e-mail who will be able to issue a departure certificate. If you do not receive an answer, you can send your request to the following address, indicating your identity (surname, first name), your training at UBO and the name of your usual administrative referent at UBO:

> What do I have to do to leave my university accommodation at CROUS?

You must absolutely inform the staff of your university residence of your departure: an exit inventory must be carried out. You must leave your room in good condition and clean.

The conditions for refunding or not of the rent paid in advance (half-yearly flat rate) will be decided by the CROUS. You will be informed as soon as possible.

Updated information from the CROUS:

I wish to prepare my stay at UBO during the academic year 2020-21

> Can I come to study at UBO at the beginning of the academic year?

In compliance with the Université de Rennes 1 international strategy, the majority of our study programmes remain open for European and international students for the academic year 2020-2021.

This opening, as far as the health situation allows, concerns both individual students and exchange students from partner institutions. The students' return to school will take place in compliance with the sanitary conditions and the rules of physical distance.

> I am an EU student. Can I come to study at UBO?

As travel restrictions at Europe's internal borders have been lifted since 15 June, it is now possible for European students to come and study in France without restrictions.

> I am a non-EU student, what are the formalities of my arrival in France?

Visa services are now open in all French embassies.

The EU defines a green list of countries authorised to cross its borders every fortnight, without any additional coronavirus-related procedure for their nationals. Here is the current list:

Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay, plus China, subject to reciprocity. Travellers from Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican and San Marino are also admitted.

For third-country nationals who are not on the green list :
- entry into the Schengen area is authorised for study purposes.
- A serological test certificate of less than 72 hours will be required on entry into the Schengen area.
- A form (with the address of the accommodation in France in case of a cluster) must be completed by the national
- A two-week self-isolation is recommended (but not controlled).

For further information, please refer to the website of the Centre for International Mobility: