Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - European Fellowships (MSCA-EF) for 2019
UBO would like to invite applications from excellent postdoctoral researchers from outside France who plan to submit applications for independent research fellowships through the mobility program Marie Skłodowska Curie European Fellowship (MSCA-EF) in order to pursue an academic research career.
MSCA-EF are prestigious fellowships funded by the European Commission. They provide talented scientists a rare opportunity: the chance to set up research programs of their own. They offer a generous allowance for 1-2 years including mobility, family and research allowance (deadline of submission to the European commission: 11 September 2019; details on the MSCA-EF).
The ‘UBO-Curie Initiative’ aims to increase chances of success for motivated fellows: (i) by welcoming selected fellows to our institution for them to meet their supervisor, discover the infrastructure available, spend time in their future research environment, and (ii) by offering dedicated support from both our scientific and technical staff to develop a competitive research project and write a persuasive proposal in a continuous follow-up process.
Research fields and pre-identified Topics
The ‘UBO-Curie Initiative’ is at the image of the MSCA-EF program: open for all research fields.
Some supervisors have pre-identified an idea for co-developing a project at UBO to be discussed with the most promising applicants. The detailed topics are presented here:
- Applicants must be «Experienced Researchers» (i.e. by the time of the MSCA deadline, be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience);
- Applicants can be of any nationality but must not have spent more than 12 months in France in the 3 years immediately prior to MSCA deadline;
- Applicants might have a publication background of: at least 2 papers during the PhD and at least 1 paper per year since the PhD (in ISI WOS referenced journals).
Fellow application procedures:
We encourage all motivated post-docs wishing to apply for a MSCA fellowship with UBO to send us: email@example.com, as early as possible and at least before the 1st May 2019:
- a CV including : (i) the exact date of your stay in each position and/or country and (ii) a list of publications;
- a research outline document (up to 2 pages) identifying the research synergies with the UBO faculty members / pre-identified topics.
Following the reception of your application, we will check the eligibility of your profile for a MSCA-EF application. Then supervisor(s) will select the most promising applications regarding the excellence-based competitive conditions and evaluation criteria of the MSCA-EF program and contact them in due course for further discussions and proposal writing until September 2019. If funded, the project proposed in September 2019 could start in May 2020.
To be crystal clear, this is the responsibility of the fellow to develop and write his/her own application proposal, but the supervisor will be deeply involved in the co-writing of the proposal and you will also receive dedicated support from the European office to write a persuasive proposal in a continuous follow-up process.