The first open-access digital encyclopaedia on sociability in Europe throughout the long-eighteenth century


Travelling to Canada

If you are travelling to Canada - to McGill University or to UQAM – you may be eligible for a short-term (120-day) work permit exemption. To check if you meet the criteria set out by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, please visit the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/researcher-exemption.asp
This will allow researchers to work at McGill or UQAM without a work permit for a period of up to 120 days. This exemption can only be used once per 12-month period, and only applies to applicants who are outside of Canada.

IMPORTANT: You will need to apply for an eTA

Procedure to apply for a work permit exemption to visit McGill University or UQAM:

(1) McGill University

Send your project details (travel dates, research work carried out at McGill and participation at events) to Brian Cowan (brian.cowan2@mcgill.ca) and Kimberley Page-Jones (pagejones@univ-brest.fr) to receive a letter of engagement specifying your involvement in DIGITENS.

(2) UQAM

To get your invitation letter from Pascal Bastien, director of the GRHS, and your status of associate researcher, you will need to send by e-mail a description of your DIGITENS research project and your updated CV. The status of associate researcher will grant you access to the university library

Please send you application to Pascal Bastien (bastien.pascal@uqam.ca) and copy Karine Mainard (mainard.karine@uqam.ca) and the coordinator (digitens@univ-brest.fr)

(3) When travelling to Montreal, you will need to provide immigration services with:

* your passport

* a copy of the letter of invitation by McGill detailing the reseach work to be done within DIGITENS framework and the period of employment (period of secondment)

* a certificate signed by the scientific coordinator attesting of your involvement in the DIGITENS project.

* (for PhD students) your student card proving your status as a PhD student / (for Experienced Researchers) your professional card or any document proving your professional status and your administrative affiliation